What is Included In a Vehicle Tune-Up?
When you get a tune-up, your mechanic will take a look at the systems that keep your car working and ensure that they’re in good shape. They’ll explore the:
- Ignition system: They make sure electrical parts like the spark plugs, coils, and plug wires are firing correctly.
- Filters: Tune-ups prevent contaminants from building up in the fuel, oil, air, and cabin air filters.
- Fluids: They will top off or replace engine oil, coolant, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, and brake fluid.
- Hoses and Belts: Mechanics ensure they’re rotating properly and delivering the right amount of fluids to the right places.
Tune-ups are essential for maintaining a healthy car. They can extend the life of your vehicle and enhance its performance by catching issues early and keeping the parts clean. A tune-up involves two parts — an inspection to locate and address issues, followed by the tune-up. How often you get your car tuned up depends on the type of car you have and how old it is. Most car manuals tell you how often to get your car checked out. As a general rule, older cars with nonelectric ignitions need tune-ups every 10,000 to 12,000 miles. For most people, this averages about once a year. Newer cars with electric ignitions and fuel injection can go longer between tune-ups, usually between 25,000 and 100,000 miles.
How to Know if Your Vehicle Needs a Tune-Up
Sometimes, it’s challenging to know when your car needs to come in for a tune-up. Make an appointment with a mechanic like Irish Mike’s if your car experiences any warning signs:
- You notice your car has difficulty shifting gears or stalls when you try to accelerate.
- You have any issues with your brakes.
- Your fuel economy decreases suddenly.
- Your car vibrates or your seat and steering wheel shake.
- Your engine light comes on.
You know your car better than anyone. If you think something is off, visit a mechanic right away.
Schedule Your Tune-Up at Irish Mike’s
Think your car needs to be checked, but aren’t sure where to get a car tune-up? Get in touch with Irish Mike’s today! Our vehicle tune-ups in Orlando will have your vehicle running smoothly again right away.